Thursday, December 18, 2008

Another Omaha Win!

Hi guys, I'm happy to have won another Omaha tournament! This time it's PLO and again tiny stakes. I chopped 1st and 2nd with this guy who's been chipleader for almost the whole tournament. (When we got to heads up I had 122k chips and he had 148k). The payout was about US$200, the game had 180 players and it took about 4 hours 45 minutes. I hovered around and above the 30BB mark all game until I got into the money, when my stack-building lagged the pace of the blinds. I was down to as little as 12BB at one point, which at the time was around 18000 chips. This was when I got dealt AA76 rainbow, and I pot it after 2 limpers. The flop was pretty rag and I shoved the rest of my chips in (not much, only 7k more into the 22k pot) and the lone preflop caller didn't call me! The pot's almost $30k and I took it down without a showdown. Sweet. I was back up to around 20BB.

I didn't really get the chips towards my direction until it was six-handed on the final table. At this point I was dealt KK33 double suited, and I potted after chipleader (who had over 130k chips vs my 35k) limped, and he called me with AQT4 double suited. We're both on diamonds and spades so we dominated each other on each suit. I flopped a K to make top set and it held up. The rest of the tournament was pretty routine but there was this mad chaser to my right who I knew I could beat. I eventually outlasted him when he got out 4th. I asked for a deal as soon as we got down to three players (chipcount: player A = 55k, moi = 65k, chipleader = 150k). I was about to offer the chipleader 1st place for a bit less than the designed payout but he turned me down before I could even give him the number. Funny enough as soon as we got to heads-up (chipcount: moi = 122k, chipleader = 148k) he asked for a chop. I was thinking "hmm sure why not. I was ok with less money than this when it was three of us. lol." So we chopped.

I'm very happy about this win as I'm pretty rusty in Omaha (or known to be). WOOHOO!!!

1 comment:

Shane said...

Yo. I made a blog too.